Phone Number 860-584-2225
Division First Student
Categories Maintenance Support
Req ID 38169
Semi-skilled Lot Attendant
Are you the Semi-Skilled Lot Attendant we’re looking for at First Student?
We’re Proud to Offer You:
- Highly competitive hourly wages based on previous experience and qualifications.
- A clean and positive work environment!
- Excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, and 401(k) savings plan.
- Company training, paid holidays, paid time off
- Opportunities for advancement nationwide! (Many of our executives were once techs)
As a Semi-Skilled Lot Attendant, You’ll Be Responsible For:
- Performing light vehicle maintenance to First Student Standards of Excellence
- Communicating professionally with customers, team members, and supervisors
- Opening the fuel island, takes accurate stick and meter readings, and turns in inventory sheets at the end of the day
- Cleaning and washing vehicles twice each week.
- Performing minor vehicle repairs
- Moving vehicles safely between job and work area
- Properly using state of the art paperless maintenance system
- Actively participating in safety and educational training as required
- Cleans interiors and exteriors of buses as required to maintain the cleanliness of the fleet.
- Check and add fluids to vehicles as needed
- Complete other maintenance tasks assigned by the supervisor.
You’ll Need to Have:
- Technical school training is a plus!
- Previous gasoline or diesel vehicle maintenance & repair experience
- Valid driver's license
- Valid CDL is highly preferred (Must be willing to obtain within 6 months of employment. We train!)
- Can utilize power and air tools as needed
- Appropriate mechanic's toolset
- Be subject to drug screen required
Apply today to become a part of our team!
FirstGroup is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status. FirstGroup is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, FirstGroup will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance.