Phone Number 610-828-1492 x 215
Division First Vehicle Services
Req ID 38116
First things First: Who are we?
First Vehicle Services is a leading provider of diverse fleet management and maintenance services in North America. Since 1981, First Vehicle Services has been providing efficient and cost-effective vehicle management and maintenance services at governments, school districts, petrochemical companies, transit agencies, airports, universities, and private organizations throughout the United States.
We offer competitive compensation and benefits (which vary based on role, location, and business), including physical and mental health initiatives, medical/dental/vision, 401(k), and paid holiday/vacation.
- $22.50 - $30.00 hourly wages; based on experience + EVT bonus money!
- Shift is Monday - Friday 7:00 am - 3:30 pm
- EVT training and testing materials provided!
- Tremendous career advancement opportunities.
- Comprehensive benefits package including company training.
- A great work environment
About the Position
Join the First Mobile Technologies team as a 12/24-volt Installer Technician. We are looking for a technician to live and work around the Conshohocken, PA Area. This exciting position will travel up to 40% of the time performing vehicle installations on police cruisers, heavy trucks, and machinery. Equipment installations will involve work with 12 & 24-volt battery systems include lighting, radios, computers, and docking stations in client vehicles (including police cruisers, work series trucks, and municipality & corporate fleets). The Emergency Vehicle Upfitter will need to exercise teamwork and communicate effectively with co-workers and clients.
- Have a general understanding of installation procedures as they apply to mobile computers, mobile radios, mounting components, and peripherals as they apply to each project.
- Installation of required components with a knowledgeable background of 12 volt & 24 volt systems.
- Perform vehicle upfits and builds on client/fleet vehicles
- Review and ensure the proper project and materials are being granted to the clients.
- Maintain daily work schedule as outlined to the clients.
- Monitor inventory to ensure FMT products are available and contact the proper department to arrange shipment of necessary items.
- Communicate regularly with management on the progress of the project and any problems encountered
- Maintain and review all accurate documentation and payment to ensure work is completed as outlined in the scope of the project
- Remove and reinstall vehicle interiors to ensure all mounting components are properly installed and the vehicle interior is left in the original condition.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent; Technical training preferred
- 2+ years of automotive electrical installation experience, and/or 3+ years of recent experience from an EVT converter/upfitter employer
- Previous automotive mechanic experience with the electrical background required
- Thorough understanding of 12 and 24-volt battery systems.
- EVT Certification highly preferred
- L1, E2, or F4
- Valid driver’s license
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to travel up to 10%
- Must have an appropriate mechanic’s toolset.
- Be subject to a drug test and physical
First for a Reason
Start here. Go far. We believe in promoting from within which means tremendous opportunities for you, thanks to our strong presence across North America. In addition, our 18-month Aspiring Manager Program prepares future leaders at First Student or First Transit.
Build skills and knowledge in such areas as safety and security, injury prevention, technology and equipment, and job efficiency.
Diversity & Inclusion
Because we’re stronger together, we aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We’re committed to providing an inclusive and diverse working environment for everyone every day.
Community Service & Impact
Go where opportunity meets community. Our customers are at the heart of everything we do. As the face of First Student, First Transit and First Vehicle Services in your community, you’ll have a positive impact on others.
About First America
First America is the largest passenger transportation company in North America, we provide passenger transport and maintenance services to municipalities, school districts and the general public in the U.S. and Canada. Our 4.8 billion operation is headquartered in Cincinnati, OH and employs more than 96,000 employees at 1,200 locations in 38 states and 7 Canadian provinces.
About First Transit
First Transit Inc. is a leading provider of public transportation contracting and management services. For over 60 years, we have supplied precision, efficiency, innovation, and all-around expertise to both public and private transportation systems. Today, we operate in 335 locations, carrying more than 350 million passengers annually throughout the United States in 39 states, Puerto Rico and Canada.
Apply today and get your career on the road with First Vehicle Services!
We aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We strive to attract and retain a diverse workforce therefore all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. First is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, First will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance. First is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so we will sustain and promote an inclusive culture that supports future growth for all.