Phone Number 816-243-1390, Ext 102
Division First Transit
Categories Call Center/ Customer Service
Req ID 38016
First things First: Who are we?
First Transit Inc. is a leading provider of public transportation contracting and management services. For over 60 years, we have supplied precision, efficiency, innovation, and all-around expertise to both public and private transportation systems. Today, we operate in 335 locations, carrying more than 350 million passengers annually throughout the United States in 39 states, Puerto Rico and Canada.
The Customer Service Representative provides friendly and cheerful assistance to passengers with directions, information and assistance with luggage, mobility devices, etc. The CSR Also assists the Supervisor in dispatching buses and coordination of operation matters.
- Must greet every passenger and answer any questions passengers may have to the best of their ability in a polite manner.
- Provide assistance to passengers with their luggage while boarding and alighting from the Rental Car Buses.
- Answer questions concerning airline terminals and destinations to the best of their ability.
- Must be able to work shift hours and days as assigned in this 24/7/365 day operation.
- The ability to monitor and operate a 2-way radio in a somewhat, noisy environment.
- Will work while standing in hot, cold and human environments.
- Ability to stand for the entire shift (8 to 10 hours) on concrete surfaces
- Can lift up to 80 lbs. in weight of baggage on/off busses.
We offer competitive compensation and benefits, including physical and mental health initiatives, medical/dental/vision, 401(k), and paid holiday/vacation.
Diversity & Inclusion:
Because we’re stronger together, we aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We’re committed to providing an inclusive and diverse working environment for everyone every day.
Start here. Go far. We believe in promoting from within, which means tremendous opportunities for you, thanks to our strong presence across North America. In addition, our 18-month Aspiring Manager Program prepares future leaders at First Transit.
Build skills and knowledge in such areas as safety and security, injury prevention, technology and equipment, and job efficiency.
Community Service & Impact:
Go where opportunity meets community. Our customers are at the heart of everything we do. As the face of First Transit and First Vehicle Services in your community, you’ll have a positive impact on others.
We aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We strive to attract and retain a diverse workforce therefore all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. First is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, First will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance. First is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so we will sustain and promote an inclusive culture that supports future growth for all.