Phone Number 301-541-1420
Division First Transit
Categories Operations Support
Req ID 38001
First things First: Who are we?
First Transit Inc. is a leading provider of public transportation contracting and management services. For over 60 years, we have supplied precision, efficiency, innovation, and all-around expertise to both public and private transportation systems. Today, we operate in 335 locations, carrying more than 350 million passengers annually throughout the United States in 39 states, Puerto Rico and Canada.
The Administrative HR Clerk performs Human Resources reception duties, maintains personnel files and assists the Human Resources Manager. This position will be a backup for the HR Coordinator position.
- Answer phones and direct all phone calls to appropriate parties
- Greet and help current employees – prepare DOT renewal paperwork and make appointments, fax DOT to DMV, check and print National registry for certified medical examiner
- Greet all visitors and applicants and give them information and answer their questions
- Add, delete, update all bus driver CDL, DOT expirations on spreadsheet and ride checks
Experience & Skills Required:
- High School Diploma or higher
- Office, data entry, or administrative experience a plus.
- Experience with MS Office products required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- 2 years administrative experience preferred
- Must be able to work in a face-paced, high-demand environment
First Transit is proud to offer:
- Tremendous Career Advancement Opportunities due to a strong presence all across North America
- A comprehensive benefits package including company training, paid holidays & vacation, medical & dental, and 401(k) savings plan.
- A great work environment
Diversity & Inclusion
Because we’re stronger together, we aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We’re committed to providing an inclusive and diverse working environment for everyone every day.
Start here. Go far. We believe in promoting from within, which means tremendous opportunities for you, thanks to our strong presence across North America. In addition, our 18-month Aspiring Manager Program prepares future leaders at First Transit.
Build skills and knowledge in such areas as safety and security, injury prevention, technology and equipment, and job efficiency.
Community Service & Impact
Go where opportunity meets community. Our customers are at the heart of everything we do. As the face of First Transit and First Vehicle Services in your community, you’ll have a positive impact on others.
We aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We strive to attract and retain a diverse workforce therefore all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. First is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, First will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance. First is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so we will sustain and promote an inclusive culture that supports future growth for all.