Transportation Assistant Location Manager
Phone Number 440-284-8030 ext.110
Division First Student
Categories Operations Management & Supervisory
Req ID 37999
Now Hiring Assistant Transportation Manager
At First Student, our Assistant Transportation Managers are a constant reflection of our company’s commitment to safety and customer service. The Assistant Transportation Manager is responsible for assisting the Contractual Manager in supervising daily operations, monitoring performance, identifying safety issues, and resolving conflicts.
At First Student, we are proud to offer:
- Tremendous Career Advancement Opportunities due to a strong presence across North America
- Positive and rewarding work environment
Assistant Transportation Manager Responsibilities:
- Oversees dispatchers, monitors, drivers and ensures home to school routes are covered in a timely and efficient manner
- Interfaces with drivers regarding concerns and performance issues
- Investigates client complaints and coordinates resolutions
- Ensures achievement of on time performance goals
- Monitors driver safety and makes Injury Prevention (IP) contacts with drivers to identify and resolve safety issues
- Ensures dispatch staff assigns spare drivers and buses as required to provide on-time coverage of routes
- Audits and corrects athletic trip invoices based on company guidelines
Assistant Transportation Manager Experience and Skills Required:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 3-5 years experience in transportation
- 2-3 years supervisory experience
- Computer literacy skills with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Familiar with basic vehicle mechanic processes and maintenance
- Ability to effectively prioritize tasks and manage time effectively
- Work extended hours regularly
- Possess working vehicle to travel within service area as needed
First Student’s commitment to putting our customers first, dedication to safety, and an ambition to deliver dependable transportation makes for a working environment you’ll love. As a huge company with 120,000 staff and over 2.5 billion customers worldwide, you’ll also enjoy security, a brilliant future, and excellent training.
Apply today to join our team!
We aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We strive to attract and retain a diverse workforce therefore all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. First is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, First will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance. First is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so we will sustain and promote an inclusive culture that supports future growth for all.