Custom Transit Driver
Phone Number *
Division First Transit Canada
Req ID 37998
First Canada, our nation's largest provider of bus passenger transportation, has openings for part time Custom Transit Drivers.
- Provide transportation service from accessible door to accessible door for people with disabilities;
- Maintain a clean and professional appearance and demeanor;
- Operate Custom Transit Buses in a safe, courteous, and reliable manner throughout the CRD on a dynamic schedule;
- Perform pre/post trip vehicle inspections as required;
- Assist in the boarding of passengers using wheelchairs or other mobility aids;
- Complete and submit written reports concerning passengers and all incidents and communicate with dispatch as required;
- Operate on-board interactive computer and two way radio;
- Perform all other duties assigned.
- A valid Class 4 unrestricted BC License or ability to obtain;
- A drivers abstract with no more than two collisions/moving violations in the previous 24 months;
- A willingness to work a variety of shifts;
- Knowledge of the streets of the CVRD is a big asset;
- Preferred care home, hospitality, or first line customer service experience;
- To be able to pass vulnerable sector records check;
- To be able to pass drug and alcohol pre employment exam.
- Respectful Workplace Behaviour Policy in effect
- Unionized environment, uniforms provided
- Pre employment screening mandatory
We aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We strive to attract and retain a diverse workforce therefore all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. We encourage applications from women, persons with a disability, Indigenous peoples and members of a visible minority. First is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so we will sustain and promote an inclusive culture that supports future growth for all. First is committed to providing reasonable accommodation at all stages of the hiring process and encourage all applicants who may require such accommodation to let us know