Auto and Diesel Mechanic
Phone Number (513) 850-7201
Division First Vehicle Services
Req ID 37993
First things First: Who are we?
First Vehicle Services is a leading provider of diverse fleet management and maintenance services in North America. Since 1981, First Vehicle Services has been providing efficient and cost-effective vehicle management and maintenance services at governments, school districts, petrochemical companies, transit agencies, airports, universities, and private organizations throughout the United States.
- We offer competitive hourly pay and benefits (which vary based on role, location, and business), including physical and mental health initiatives, medical/dental/vision, 401(k), and paid holiday/vacation.
- ASE certification bonus money & company-paid ASE testing and training materials
- Annual allowances for boots and prescription safety glasses
- Ongoing company training on state-of-the-art online system
About the Position
As an Auto & Diesel Technician with First Vehicle Services, you will perform vehicle maintenance and repairs to ensure vehicles are safe for our customers at St. Clair County Road Commission! Other job duties include:
- Perform preventative maintenance (PMs), safety inspections and annual maintenance inspections.
- Assist in accurately diagnosing and performing mechanical repairs on city-owned vehicles.
- Ensure work orders are completed properly and accurately and keep records of all maintenance work completed including parts and supplies used.
- Assist with road calls and emergency services.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- At least 3 years of auto or diesel maintenance & repair employment experience or combination of technical school education & experience.
- Mechanic’s tool set.
- ASE certifications are preferred. Must participate in company ASE certification program (company training, testing, and bonuses provided!)
First for a Reason
Start here. Go far. We believe in promoting from within which means tremendous opportunities for you, thanks to our strong presence across North America. In addition, our 18-month Aspiring Manager Program prepares future leaders at First Student or First Transit.
Build skills and knowledge in such areas as safety and security, injury prevention, technology and equipment, and job efficiency.
Diversity & Inclusion
Because we’re stronger together, we aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We’re committed to providing an inclusive and diverse working environment for everyone every day.
Community Service & Impact
Go where opportunity meets community. Our customers are at the heart of everything we do. As the face of First Student, First Transit and First Vehicle Services in your community, you’ll have a positive impact on others.
Apply today and get your career on the road with First Vehicle Services!
We aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We strive to attract and retain a diverse workforce therefore all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. First is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, First will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance. First is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so we will sustain and promote an inclusive culture that supports future growth for all.