Transportation Safety Manager
Phone Number 630-428-5228
Division First Transit
Categories Operations Management & Supervisory
Req ID 37992
About the Position
As a Safety Manager, you will oversee our PACE-DuPage County safety program. The Safety Manager builds, leads, and maintains the safety culture across all departments through daily coaching and training, ensures compliance with federal, state, and local regulations as well as ensuring compliance with Company safety requirements. We are looking to hire an individual who will make safety and customer service their top priorities and would like to be an integral part of a Company that fulfills the transportation needs of the Community we serve. If you have the drive, confidence, and determination to succeed, we are looking for you!
Safety Manager Responsibilities
- Conduct or assist General Manager with safety training and meetings. Review accident reports to reduce number and severity of accidents, maintain complete safety files (example is accident report, I-9, bus reports, worker compensation injury reports).
- Manage driver training and may conduct driver training, recommend retraining and discipline as required.
- Conduct or supervise interviewing, selection, and recruitment of adequate number of operator applicants to effectively provide safe, efficient, service.
- Coordinate compliance with Federal, State, and local laws and work closely with General Manager or Designee to accomplish company objectives.
- Uses data to analyze trends and create safety plans and direction for the location
- Works with all employees to build and maintain a safety culture of the highest standard
Safety Manager Qualifications
- 2 to 3 years transportation, safety, or related experience
- CDL Class C License with Passenger endorsement
- Ability to work in multiple work environments including an office, transit facility, field work, maintenance facility and transit vehicle
- Has the ability to occasionally travel to attend ongoing education or certification trainings
- Working knowledge in the use of Microsoft office products and virtual communications (Zoom, Teams, etc.)
First for a Reason
As a Safety Manager you can look forward to:
We offer competitive compensation and benefits (which vary based on role, location, and business), including physical and mental health initiatives, medical/dental/vision, 401(k), and paid holidays/vacation.
Diversity & Inclusion
Because we’re stronger together, we aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We’re committed to providing an inclusive and diverse working environment for everyone every day.
Start here. Go far. We believe in promoting from within, which means tremendous opportunities for you, thanks to our strong presence across North America. In addition, our 18-month Aspiring Manager Program prepares future leaders at First Transit.
Build skills and knowledge in such areas as safety and security, injury prevention, technology and equipment, and job efficiency.
Community Service & Impact
Go where opportunity meets community. Our customers are at the heart of everything we do. As the face of First Transit and First Vehicle Services in your community, you’ll have a positive impact on others.
Apply today and get your career on the road with First Transit!
We aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We strive to attract and retain a diverse workforce therefore all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. First is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, First will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance. First is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so we will sustain and promote an inclusive culture that supports future growth for all.