Phone Number 905-522-3232
Division First Student Canada
Categories Operations Management & Supervisory
Req ID 37988
First things First: Who are we?
Twice the size of our next largest competitor, First Student is the leading school transportation solutions provider in North America. Every day, we complete 5 million student journeys, moving more passengers than all U.S. airlines combined. With a team of highly trained drivers and the industry’s strongest safety record, First Student delivers reliable, quality services including full-service transportation and management, special-needs transportation, route optimization and scheduling, maintenance, and charter services for 1,100 school district contracts
First Canada, our nation's largest provider of bus passenger transportation, has a full time opening for 'Operations Supervisor' in Ancaster, Ontario.
Serves as First supervisor for Drivers, customer response, driver field evaluation and accident first responders and monitors driver and dispatcher performance as well as assists employees with any issues.
- Communicates job requirements and responsibilities to drivers;
- Day to day counseling and evaluation reports to local management;
- Ensures drivers are performing assigned duties correctly and safely and that they meet all job related specifications;
- Investigates incidents and accidents including on -the-scene accidents and assist drivers in preparing accident reports, OHSA reports and any other safety related documentation as required;
- Liaises with both clients and drivers/the organization re customer service issues and responds professionally to customer inquiries/comments;
- Evaluates and monitors driver safety and performance as well as compliance with legal employment/labor policy matters;
- Assists with Driver recruitment process;
- Prepares operational reports/schedules and maintains accurate daily records of operations;
- May also be required to conduct road checks, routing, training and other relevant tasks as required;
- Meets with all driver qualifications at location;
- Obtains CDL to operate vehicles at location, maintains that license and drives periodically;
- Any additional related tasks/duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Supervisory capability with a diverse workforce;
- Proficiency using MS Office products including MS Excel and MS Word and Windows based programs;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Proficient with basic math skills;
- Previous transportation industry experience, an asset;
- B License an asset;
- Ability to multitask and work independently in a fast paced/high energy environment;
- Exceptional customer service, problem solving, decision making, critical thinking abilities.
First for a Reason
Benefits We offer competitive compensation and benefits (which vary based on role, location, and business), including physical and mental health initiatives, medical/dental/vision, 401(k), and paid holiday/vacation.
Professional Advancement Start here. Go far. We believe in promoting from within which means tremendous opportunities for you, thanks to our strong presence across North America. In addition, our 18-month Aspiring Manager Program prepares future leaders at First Student or First Transit.
Extensive Training Build skills and knowledge in such areas as safety and security, injury prevention, technology and equipment, and job efficiency.
Diversity & Inclusion Because we’re stronger together, we aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We’re committed to providing an inclusive and diverse working environment for everyone every day.
Community Service & Impact Go where opportunity meets community. Our customers are at the heart of everything we do. As the face of First Student, First Transit and First Vehicle Services in your community, you’ll have a positive impact on others.
About First America
First America is the largest passenger transportation company in North America, we provide passenger transport and maintenance services to municipalities, school districts and the general public in the U.S. and Canada. Our 4.8 billion operation is headquartered in Cincinnati, OH and employs more than 96,000 employees at 1,200 locations in 38 states and 7 Canadian provinces.
Apply today and get your career on the road with First Student
First Canada is an equal opportunity employer that welcomes a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from women, persons with a disability, Aboriginal peoples and members of a visible minority.