HD or CT Mechanic/Apprentice or Automotive Mechanic
Phone Number *
Division First Transit Canada
Req ID 37974
First Transit, a leader in fixed-route, paratransit, shuttle bus and fleet maintenance services, is now hiring an Apprentice Mechanic (Level 1-4)!
First Transit is proud to offer:
- Top hourly wages
- Consistent year-round work
- An excellent benefits package with full medical and dental plan and RRSP Program with company contribution
- Paid holidays & vacation
- Ongoing company training on state-of-the-art online system
- Opportunities for career advancement
- A great work environment!
Apprentice Technician Major Responsibilities:
- Perform vehicle maintenance and repairs to ensure vehicles are safe for our customers.
- Assist Journeyman Technicians with preventative maintenance (PMs), safety inspections and annual maintenance inspections.
- Assist in accurately diagnosing and performing mechanical repairs including the repair of brakes, suspensions, drivetrains, transmission clutches and other repairs under direct supervision.
- Ensure work orders are completed properly and accurately. Maintain records of all maintenance work completed including parts and supplies used.
- Evaluate completed work prior to release and seek supervisor approval where required.
- Notify supervisor of potentially dangerous equipment and corrective action taken.
- Move vehicles safely between job and work area.
- Assist with road calls and emergency services as necessary.
- Adhere to FirstGroup standards, policies, and procedures.
- Perform other responsibilities as requested or required.
Apprentice Technician Qualifications:
- Strong personal interest in mechanics
- Shop environment with service calls to breakdowns
- Mechanically minded and safety conscious
- Full time, shift work
- Willingness to work effectively both alone and with others in a team environment
- Red Seal Commercial Transport or Heavy Duty Mechanic or Automotive Mechanic or an apprentice currently enrolled in the Commercial Transport or Heavy Duty Mechanic program
- Valid BC Class 2 with air driver’s license preferred
- CVIP Ticket preferred
- Full COVID-19 vaccination
Apply today to join our team!
First Transit (a division of First America) is a leading provider of transportation services, moving more than 350 million passengers annually. First Transit employs more than 19,500 dedicated transit professionals at more than 300 locations in the US, Canada and Puerto Rico.
We aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We strive to attract and retain a diverse workforce therefore all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. We encourage applications from women, persons with a disability, Indigenous peoples and members of a visible minority. First is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so we will sustain and promote an inclusive culture that supports future growth for all. First is committed to providing reasonable accommodation at all stages of the hiring process and encourage all applicants who may require such accommodation to let us know.