General Manager of Fleet Maintenance
Phone Number .
Division First Vehicle Services
Categories Maintenance Management & Supervisory
Req ID 37963
First things First: Who are we?
First Vehicle Services is a leading provider of diverse fleet management and maintenance services in North America. Since 1981, First Vehicle Services has been providing efficient and cost-effective vehicle management and maintenance services at governments, school districts, petrochemical companies, transit agencies, airports, universities, and private organizations throughout the United States.
About the Position
First Vehicle Services is seeking General Manager of Fleet Maintenance candidates for new and existing business around Charleston, SC! This position is responsible for overseeing the maintenance and repair of mixed fleets of vehicles and special equipment. Other job duties include:
- Performing maintenance shop administrative and operational functions, information system management, parts purchasing, inventory control, and financial & operational reporting.
- Analyzing monthly financials and maintaining budget and forecast control. Ensuring services are provided within budget and action plans are developed and implemented to improve operational efficiencies.
- Providing and promoting effective communication with customers, including taking steps to ensure customer retention.
- Negotiating operating budgets and contractual terms with customers.
- Providing leadership, guidance, and training goals for all location employees.
- Leading a team of technicians and shop staff, overseeing daily shop workflow while promoting a safe work environment.
- High school diploma or equivalent; Technical school or bachelor’s degree preferred
- Valid driver's license
- 5+ years of experience managing a fleet of over 600 units (auto, truck, or equipment)
- Experience with hiring technicians, providing training programs and maintaining technician certifications.
- Experience working with a financial budget
- Capable of negotiating pricing with vendors and customers
- Computer skills with good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word
First for a Reason
We offer competitive compensation and benefits (which vary based on role, location, and business), including physical and mental health initiatives, medical/dental/vision, 401(k), and paid holiday/vacation.
Start here. Go far. We believe in promoting from within which means tremendous opportunities for you, thanks to our strong presence across North America. In addition, our 18-month Aspiring Manager Program prepares future leaders at First Student or First Transit.
Build skills and knowledge in such areas as safety and security, injury prevention, technology and equipment, and job efficiency.
Diversity & Inclusion
Because we’re stronger together, we aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We’re committed to providing an inclusive and diverse working environment for everyone every day.
Community Service & Impact
Go where opportunity meets community. Our customers are at the heart of everything we do. As the face of First Student, First Transit and First Vehicle Services in your community, you’ll have a positive impact on others.
Apply today and get your career on the road with First Vehicle Services!
We aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We strive to attract and retain a diverse workforce therefore all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. First is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, First will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance. First is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so we will sustain and promote an inclusive culture that supports future growth for all.