Phone Number 954-263-4748
Division First Vehicle Services
Req ID 37959
First Vehicle Services, a leading fleet maintenance provider in North America, is now hiring an Automotive Technician serving The City of Port. St. Lucie!
First Vehicle Services is proud to offer:
- $23 - $25 hourly wages based on experience & qualifications (NOT flat-rate)
- $1,000 sign-on bonus*
- ASE certification bonus money & company-paid ASE testing and training materials
- Consistent full-time, year-round work
- An excellent benefits package including medical, vision, and dental coverage, and 401(k) savings plan
- Paid holidays, vacation, & sick time
- Annual allowances for boots and prescription safety glasses
- Ongoing company training on a state-of-the-art online system
- Opportunities for career advancement nationwide
- A great work environment!
Diesel Technician Major Responsibilities:
- Perform vehicle maintenance and repairs to ensure vehicles are safe for our customers.
- Diagnose and perform accurately all phases of vehicle and equipment repair including the repair of brakes, engine tune-ups, suspensions, drive trains, transmission, and other repairs.
- Remove and replace the engine, transmission, and differential assemblies.
- Ensure work orders are completed properly and accurately. Maintain records of all maintenance work completed including parts and supplies used.
- Assist with preventative maintenance (PMs), safety inspections, and annual maintenance inspections.
- Notify supervisor of potentially dangerous equipment and corrective action is taken.
- Evaluate completed work prior to release and seek approval where required.
- Assist with road calls and emergency services as necessary.
- Adhere to FirstGroup standards, policies, and procedures.
- Move vehicles safely between job and work area.
- Perform other responsibilities as requested or required.
Diesel Technician Qualifications:
- A vocational or technical degree in vehicle maintenance is preferred.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- 3-5 years of automotive or diesel repair employment experience or combination of education & experience.
- Intermediate diagnostics skills and mechanical knowledge are required.
- Must have appropriate mechanic’s toolset.
- ASE certifications preferred. Must participate in company ASE certification program (company training, testing, and bonuses provided!)
- Strong computer skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Ability to work assigned shifts.
- Be subject to a drug test.
*conditions apply; bonus offer ends 1/31/2022
Apply today to join our team!
First Vehicle Services (a division of FirstGroup America) is a leader in fleet maintenance providing services to governments, school districts, transit agencies, airports, universities, and private organizations across the U.S. From sedans, SUVs, vans, and fire apparatus to light, medium, and heavy-duty units, marked and unmarked law enforcement units, sanitation trucks, construction equipment, and specialized equipment, FVS provides expert maintenance services to keep fleets up and running.
We aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We strive to attract and retain a diverse workforce therefore all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. First is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, First will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance. First is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so we will sustain and promote an inclusive culture that supports future growth for all.