Phone Number 623-474-8921
Division First Transit
Categories Maintenance Management & Supervisory
Req ID 37873
Fleet Maintenance Supervisor
Join the First Transit team as Fleet Maintenance Supervisor and supervise the maintenance and repair of buses and support vehicles to contract requirements. We hire individuals who make safety and customer service their top priorities. If you have the drive, confidence, and determination to succeed, we are looking for you!
First Transit is proud to offer:
- $58,000 to $63,000 salary based on experience & qualifications
- Career advancement opportunities - Advance your career nationwide within First Transit, Greyhound, First Student, or First Vehicle Services divisions!
- Excellent benefits packages with paid holidays & vacation, medical, vision, and dental coverage, and 401(k) savings plan.
- Relocation assistance may be considered
- Ongoing training
- A great work environment!
Maintenance Supervisor responsibilities:
- Schedules and administers fleet maintenance, assists in troubleshooting problems with equipment. Communicates availability of vehicles for service with dispatch, maintenance manager and/or other operations personnel.
- Supervises repairs and maintenance of diesel and Natural Gas engines and bus equipment.
- Supervises maintenance operations. Plans and distributes the work. Delegates responsibilities as appropriate and monitors performance. Involved in reviewing personnel actions for recommendation to Maintenance Manager for review and disposition.
- Ensures compliance on a day-to-day basis with City of Phoenix, State, Federal, and Company requirements.
- Works closely with location manager providing status of compliance with maintenance requirements. Reviews repair orders, as directed.
- May order fuel for all vehicles, order parts, and subcontract repair work.
- Initiates and implements projects that improve efficiency and/or reduce operating costs.
- Supervises bus fueling, building and grounds keeping.
- Completes special projects as assigned. Required to perform hands-on work activities.
- Plans and schedules the work within company guidelines
- Distributes work to technicians and oversees successful accomplishment of tasks
- Trains and motivates maintenance staff
Maintenance Supervisor job requirements:
- 3+ years of hands-on mechanical supervisory experience
- Industry experience repairing and maintaining diesel vehicles & equipment
- ASE certifications applicable to bus maintenance.
- H4 – Brakes
- H6 – Electrical/Electronic Systems
- H8 – Preventive Maintenance & Inspection (PMI)
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Technical training preferred
- Possess CDL Operator’s license with required endorsements
- May require lifting of 20 to 50 lbs
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Computer skills
- Professionalism, initiative, and leadership
- Be subject to a drug test
First Transit is a leading provider of transportation contract and management services, moving more than 350 million passengers annually. First Transit employs more than 19,500 dedicated transit professionals through fixed-route, paratransit, college/airport shuttle services and rail operations at more than 300 locations in the US, Canada and Puerto Rico. With a dedication to safety and outstanding customer service, First Transit sets itself apart from other providers in the industry.
We aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We strive to attract and retain a diverse workforce therefore all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. First is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, First will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance. First is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so we will sustain and promote an inclusive culture that supports future growth for all.