Corporate Development Associate
Phone Number .
Categories Professional & Corporate
Req ID 37768
First things First: Who are we?
First America is the largest passenger transportation company in North America, we provide passenger transport and maintenance services to municipalities, school districts and the general public in the U.S. and Canada. Our 4.8 billion operation is headquartered in Cincinnati, OH and employs more than 96,000 employees at 1,200 locations in 38 states and 7 Canadian provinces.
As a valued member of the M&A team, this person will support deal flow, corporate strategy, and pipeline management for a prominent, international transportation provider. This person will lead the analysis of complex data related to select mergers, acquisitions, and strategic investments to determine the financial, operational, and strategic fit. This person will prepare complex analysis to support weekly/monthly reporting and post deal metrics to provide recommendations to both team members and key stakeholders.
- Assist in financial modeling and analysis for mergers and acquisitions (M&A) transactions
- Engage with key stakeholders to support deal structuring.
- Prepare findings and present recommendations to senior leaders.
- Compile and analyze data regarding companies to be acquired, including initial financial model construction and valuation analyses.
- Maintains CRM database of past, current, and future acquisition targets
- Perform due diligence on acquisition targets; review and summarize findings to management.
- Analyze information collected in diligence process to develop integrated financial analyses and projections regarding the impact of an acquisition on the organization
- Support idea generation by researching specific companies and industries, along with market conditions and current developments and trends.
- Support the integration process post-deal
Experience & Skills Required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or related demonstrable business concentration
- 1-2 years M&A transaction or business development experience (preferred)
- Strong Financial acumen with excellent analytical ability and attention to detail
- Self-sufficient and able to take initiative for projects
- Deadline driven and task oriented
- Excellent communication skills, including written, verbal, or large group presentations
- Understanding of financial statement mechanics
- Excellent organizational skills due to changing priorities and/or change in direction on major projects
- Experience working with peer team leaders to gain agreement on important client needs or issues to gain consensus on solutions for those needs
- Comfortable / thrives in fast paced, matrixed, ever changing, and dynamic environment
- Flexibility to work extended hours and travel may be required on short notice
- Experience with project management (for example: planning, organizing, and managing resources to bring about the successful completion of specific project goals and objectives)
- Travel responsibilities 30%+
First for a Reason
- Community Service & Impact
Go where opportunity meets community. Our customers are at the heart of everything we do. As the face of First Student, First Transit and First Vehicle Services in your community, you’ll have a positive impact on others.
- Extensive Training
Build skills and knowledge in such areas as safety and security, injury prevention, technology and equipment, and job efficiency.
- Professional Advancement
Start here. Go far. We believe in promoting from within … which means tremendous opportunities for you, thanks to our strong presence across North America. In addition, our 18-month Aspiring Manager Program prepares future leaders at First Student or First Transit.
- Diversity & Inclusion
Because we’re stronger together, we aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We’re committed to providing an inclusive and diverse working environment for everyone every day.
We offer competitive compensation and benefits, including physical and mental health initiatives, medical/dental/vision, 401(k), and paid holiday/vacation.
About First Student
Twice the size of our next largest competitor, First Student is the leading school transportation solutions provider in North America. Every day, we complete 5 million student journeys, moving more passengers than all U.S. airlines combined. With a team of highly trained drivers and the industry’s strongest safety record, First Student delivers reliable, quality services including full-service transportation and management, special-needs transportation, route optimization and scheduling, maintenance, and charter services for 1,100 school district contracts.
About First Transit
First Transit Inc. is a leading provider of public transportation contracting and management services. For over 60 years, we have supplied precision, efficiency, innovation, and all-around expertise to both public and private transportation systems. Today, we operate in 335 locations, carrying more than 350 million passengers annually throughout the United States in 39 states, Puerto Rico and Canada.
About First Vehicle Services
First Vehicle Services is a leading provider of diverse fleet management and maintenance services in North America. Since 1981, First Vehicle Services has been providing efficient and cost-effective vehicle management and maintenance services at governments, school districts, petrochemical companies, transit agencies, airports, universities, and private organizations throughout the United States.
Apply today and get your career on the road with First America!
We aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We strive to attract and retain a diverse workforce therefore all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. First is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, First will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance. First is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so we will sustain and promote an inclusive culture that supports future growth for all.