Call Centre Casual
Phone Number *
Division First Transit Canada
Categories Call Center/ Customer Service
Req ID 37551
First Canada, our nation's largest provider of bus passenger transportation, has openings for Casual Call Centre positions.
Opportunities to train in various departments- Dispatch, Scheduling & Booking
Are you empathetic, with strong customer service skills and have the drive to help people to make a difference in their lives?
Then we are looking for you!
What you'll do?
- Communicate with drivers, passengers and staff via radio or other required communications device in the English language
- Troubleshoot problems with drivers, reservations information and trip assignments
- Respond to customer, passenger or vehicle incidents
- Provide assistance to operators in the event of emergency or vehicle malfunctions, communicating with operations, safety and maintenance staff where appropriate
- Complete daily dispatch paperwork to include dispatch logs; mileage reports; road call reports and other required reporting as needed
- Answer passenger calls collecting necessary trip information, record trip information and perform initial trip assignment
- Negotiate trip times where necessary or appropriate
- Provide system information for current and new passengers as well as for potential passengers on accessing the transportation service
- Process cancellations
- Perform follow up calls as required by schedule changes & ‘where is my ride?’ calls
- Record changes in passenger information, and report it appropriately
- Perform system trip edit as required
- Other related duties as required
What makes you an ideal candidate for this position?
- One-year recent experience with dispatch, booking and/or customer service is preferred
- Data entry experience and general knowledge of Windows-based computer applications
- Knowledge of service area preferred
- Ability to read, write and speak English
- Ability to communicate effectively and work with all departments
- Ability to work independently, plan ahead and schedule work
- Ability to deal politely with the public and employees
- Ability to anticipate problems and delegate tasks
- Ability to make decisions under
- Office environment
- Dealing with the vulnerable sector
- Maybe required to work a variety of shifts between 5.00 AM to midnight; Weekdays & Weekends
What we offer:
- Competitive wages
- Flexible schedules
- Opportunities for full-time, training in various departments and career development
We aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We strive to attract and retain a diverse workforce therefore all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. We encourage applications from women, persons with a disability, Indigenous peoples and members of a visible minority. First is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so we will sustain and promote an inclusive culture that supports future growth for all. First is committed to providing reasonable accommodation at all stages of the hiring process and encourage all applicants who may require such accommodation to let us know