Sr. Project Manager
Phone Number .
Division First Student
Categories Executive & Senior Level Management
Req ID 37494
First things First: Who are we?
First America is the largest passenger transportation company in North America, we provide passenger transport and maintenance services to municipalities, school districts and the general public in the U.S. and Canada. Our 4.8 billion operation is headquartered in Cincinnati, OH and employs more than 96,000 employees at 1,200 locations in 38 states and 7 Canadian provinces.
As a Senior Project Manager you will be responsible for managing several concurrent Fleet Electrification Projects where electric school busses are deployed to First Student locations. The Project Manager will create full end-to-end deployment plans for some projects while building collaborative plans with our partner on others. Typical customer projects range from 1 electric vehicle to 100s at a single location and completions vary depending on grant/funding requirements and obligations. Manage proposal development for FTS, to include partnering with First Student and First Vehicle Services proposal teams, as applicable.
- Project management activities for concurrent complex projects
- Partner with internal, external, and third-party team members to managing project plan, deliverables, and issue resolution
- Lead specific workstreams and deliver practical activities required to maintain progress to plan (for example, gathering requirements, negotiating contracts, managing suppliers, drafting reports, etc.)
- Work independently to draft project plan, project deliverables and resource requirements
- Manage 5-10 concurrent small, medium and large sized projects
- Provide timely and accurate status and metric reporting.
- Proactively manage and resolve project issues, risks and conflict.
- Manage project tasks utilizing Microsoft Project and DapTiv PPM tools
- Track and report project financials
- Coordinates activities between business units, internal IT departments, third-party suppliers, location personnel, local contractors, and other partners
- Reviews and manages project financial plans
- Create project exception reporting and change control requests as required
Experience & Skills Required:
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in computer science, management information systems or equivalent experience
- Five or more years of successful program management experience
- Ten or more years of successful project management experience
- Project Management certification a plus
- Relevant experience in the successful management of large-scale business change programs
- Proven experience leading Operational projects with construction components
- Excellent stakeholder engagement capability, able to engage with people at all levels, challenge in the face of resistance and achieve momentum despite competing priorities
- Flexible approach with the capability to identify and manage opportunities and risk
- Commercial and financial awareness
- Highly analytical with strong problem solving and organizational skills
- Experience within in a weak-matrixed organization with the ability to establish relationships at all levels of an organization
- Experience coordinating activities with third party suppliers
- Ability to navigate and steer teams through ambiguous situations
- Understanding of project management methodologies and best practices (Prince2, PMBOK, ITIL, SDLC, Agile, etc)
First for a Reason
- Community Service & Impact
Go where opportunity meets community. Our customers are at the heart of everything we do. As the face of First Student, First Transit and First Vehicle Services in your community, you’ll have a positive impact on others.
- Extensive Training
Build skills and knowledge in such areas as safety and security, injury prevention, technology and equipment, and job efficiency
- Professional Advancement
Start here. Go far. We believe in promoting from within … which means tremendous opportunities for you, thanks to our strong presence across North America. In addition, our 18-month Aspiring Manager Program prepares future leaders at First Student or First Transit.
- Diversity & Inclusion
Because we’re stronger together, we aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We’re committed to providing an inclusive and diverse working environment for everyone every day.
We offer competitive compensation and benefits, including physical and mental health initiatives, medical/dental/vision, 401(k), and paid holiday/vacation.
About First Student
Twice the size of our next largest competitor, First Student is the leading school transportation solutions provider in North America. Every day, we complete 5 million student journeys, moving more passengers than all U.S. airlines combined. With a team of highly trained drivers and the industry’s strongest safety record, First Student delivers reliable, quality services including full-service transportation and management, special-needs transportation, route optimization and scheduling, maintenance, and charter services for 1,100 school district contracts.
Apply today and get your career on the road with First America!
We aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We strive to attract and retain a diverse workforce therefore all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. First is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, First will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance. First is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so we will sustain and promote an inclusive culture that supports future growth for all.