Region Driver Recruiter
Phone Number 289-983-0355
Division First Student Canada
Categories Professional & Corporate
Req ID 35785
Join us at First Student Canada as a Region Driver Recruiter!
We provide all necessary PPE and Social Distancing measures in place!
The First Student is looking to hire a Region Driver Recruiter in Burlington, ON. The Region Driver Recruiter will work in the Field to source, attract and hire School Bus Drivers.
Under moderate supervision, as part of the centralized Talent Acquisition team, the Region Driver Recruiter will partner with the location staff to pro-actively develop and implement the grass-roots recruiting and sourcing strategy of Driver candidates within the local/regional community. This position works independently from the centralized talent acquisition manager, without daily supervision and requires local and/or regional travel.
- Be a contributing team member that works closely with hiring managers as a consultant and provide effective and innovative Recruiting and Sourcing solutions for positions within the Field.
- Strong focus on a multitude of pipeline strategies including referral programs, community partnerships, job fairs, school partnerships, diversity groups, unemployment offices, local government programs, and, grass-roots campaigns (radio, signage, etc.).
- Researches, identifies, and establishes business relationships with recruiting sources in local communities, as well as manage relationships with Recruiting vendors.
- Professionally represents the organization at trade shows, job fairs, open houses, conferences, and meetings.
- Onboard new hires within company standards.
- Prepares recruiting reports and identifies recruiting trends, sources, etc.
- Be a contributing team member and assist with HR projects as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience & Skills Required:
- 1-2 years High-volume recruiting preferred
- Selects candidates based on phone screens/interviews and makes recommendations to hiring managers
- College diploma or Bachelors degree in Human Resources or commensurate work experience.
- Valid Driver’s License & vehicle with proof of Personal Auto Insurance coverage.
- High energy and background in grass-roots/community sourcing for high-volume recruiting.
- Ability to meet challenges with resourcefulness, generate suggestions for improving work, and develop innovative approaches and ideas.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, record-keeping, and follow-up skills.
- Willing to work under tight deadlines and maintain exceptional judgment and discretion regarding sensitive matters.
- Work with the highest standards of integrity and confidentiality
We aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We strive to attract and retain a diverse workforce therefore all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. We encourage applications from women, persons with a disability, Indigenous peoples and members of a visible minority. First is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so we will sustain and promote an inclusive culture that supports future growth for all. First is committed to providing reasonable accommodation at all stages of the hiring process and encourage all applicants who may require such accommodation to let us know.