Phone Number 514-892-9548
Division First Student Canada-Transco
Req ID 35164
Truck Mechanic / Mécanicien
Bonus of $2000
Are you ready to progress your career as a mechanic? Our Mascouche division is looking for seasoned professionals who understand the mechanics of heavy duty diesel vehicles.
Why work at Transco? We care about the safety of our employees as much as that of our school children. That's why we are proud to offer you:
- Competitive hourly wage between $21- $25.50 / hourly
- Paid training
- Full benefits package - Medical/Dental/RRSP Plan
- Outstanding career advancement opportunities across Canada & North America!
Truck Mechanic Major Responsibilities:
- Carry out periodic inspections with regard to safety, brakes and general mechanical maintenance of vehicles
- Complete work orders
- Respond to road repair service calls as needed
- Perform fault repairs as appropriate
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment
- Respect the rules on health and safety at work
- Ensure tools and equipment are in good condition
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the Shop Foreman.
Truck Mechanic Qualifications:
- Automotive or diesel vehicle repair experience; truck or school bus experience is helpful
- Diploma of Vocational Studies (DEP), Red Seal Certification, or PEP card an asset (certification in preventive maintenance of heavy trucks)
- Excellent knowledge of mechanical components of vehicles
- Ability to work with computers
- Team Player
- Valid driver’s license
*Bonus expires January 31, 2022
We aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We strive to attract and retain a diverse workforce therefore all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. We encourage applications from women, persons with a disability, Indigenous peoples and members of a visible minority. First is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so we will sustain and promote an inclusive culture that supports future growth for all. First is committed to providing reasonable accommodation at all stages of the hiring process and encourage all applicants who may require such accommodation to let us know.